Our client, located in Kitchener, is a farmer-led organization that promotes animal care and an efficient innovative marketing system for the industry to make the product a healthy and regular
choice for Canadian consumers. The client represents over 160 producers across Ontario. Our client is looking for an energetic and experienced Finance and Quota Administrator to manage their day-to-day finance and production tracking requirements. This position is a fulltime, permanent role and has above average benefits.
The successful candidate will possess high levels of confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines. Experience with bookkeeping for a not for profit is a definite asset.
- Maintains and updates the organization’s production tracking system, generating weekly reports for internal and external clients
- Assess incoming reports from producers and industry for compliance with regulations and policies
- Weekly filings, expense reporting, banking and backup of tracking system
- Stay up to date on emails
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll and payroll related transactions WSIB, CPP, EI Taxes etc.
- Process accounts payable, monthly reconciliations, Levy, quarterly HST
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Making journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions
- Filing source documents for all journal entries recorded
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare for monthly board meeting, various year end quota reports
- Prepare and present (with support from the General Manager) quarterly financial reports to the Finance and Audit Committee
- Prepare all financial and quota production information, and work with auditors for year end reporting
- Performing or assisting with general office duties when required
- Some additional data entry support and quality checking/assurance required at peak times
- This is a small working team with flat organizational structure where teamwork and team support is expected
- Accounting Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience with fund accounting principles an asset.
- Working experience in bookkeeping for a not for profit organization an asset.
- 2-5 years experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- High attention to detail, a team player and able to respond to deadlines